Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Italian Theme Party

On Sunday we went to my mom's for a birthday dinner for me. I usually want lasagna so we decided to have an Italian Theme party. Taking after Melody's family with their Sunday theme dinners. Well it turned out really fun. I forgot to take pictures so you'll have to picture it in your head but we had a meat, cheese and an olive platter.

We had different salami's, prociutto, and I'm not sure what else, then provolone cheese, parmesano reggiano, and pecorino cheeses. Then we had 2 different lasagnas one without ricotta cheese, rosemary bread that we dipped in EVOO and balsamic vinegar, green salad with italian dressing and pizza. I hope that was all....oh we made our own italian sodas, it was so fun and good.

For dessert we had creme puffs and an italian cream cake and the dessert that Zach said was either from heaven or hell. Haha, it was killer. It was a brownie trifle. It had brownies with white chocolate pudding and cheesecake pudding and coolwhip all mixed together in layers. It was so YUMMY!! And I was so full.

It's been very warm here in the 50's yeah. It's so funny as soon as it hits 40's people are in hoodies and t-shirts. Now in the 50's I won't be surprised to see shorts break out. The snow is melting like crazy. I'm ready for SPRING!!

Sunday is Paislee's baby blessing and everyone is invited. It's early 9:00 a.m. and we are having a breakfast afterwards at our house. We'd love to have you if you can make it.

1 comment:

  1. This is the first I've seen pictures of Paislee. She is adorable. I bet she's so much fun. Brownie Trifle huh, sounds super yummy. I got a trifle bowl from Pampered Chef and still haven't used it. Uuuuggg, story of my life. If you happen to have the recipe will you pass it along. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete